Laid out in the following pages are our proposals for the old station site in Ashburton, a proposal that we want to celebrate the rich historical importance of both the station and local area.
We have broken our proposal down in to stages to try and establish a set of realistic and obtainable goals.
Stage One – Acquire and safeguard the most ‘at risk’ plots of the Station Site and establish a heritage / learning centre.
- Estimated time scale : 2-5 years.
- Estimated costs : £2 – £3 million.
Stage Two – Acquire the remaining plots of the station site and reinstate running line to Pear Tree Cross.
- Estimated time scale : 5-10 years.
- Estimated costs : £1 – £2 million
Stage Three – Reinstatement of the line back to Buckfastleigh.
- Estimated Time Scale : 10-20 Years.
- Estimated costs : £20 – £30 million
NB – At this point in time figures are only educated estimates.